May 5, 2017

Rapids And Ruffles!


Life has been a real whirlwind lately! Not only figuratively with how busy I've been, but also literally with how awful this Michigan weather is! Fortunately, two weeks ago I was able to spend a perfectly beautiful day with my family in Grand Rapids. I had never been before, and had wanted to see the Frederik Meijers Sculpture Gardens. Here I thought it would be a greenhouse and a mile or so walk, but man oh man was I wrong! Their conservatory happens to be Michigan's largest, with five different themed gardens. My favorite room contained a waterfall, and was filled with tropical birds and butterflies. There were several outdoor garden themes as well, including a Japanese garden, farmer's garden, and sculpture garden. We enjoyed posing by the strange statues and trying to guess the meanings behind them! My dad kept joking that they all looked like they landed from outer space xD With it being a massive 158 acre property, we didn't even have time to explore the nature trails, boardwalk, cafĂ©, or indoor gallery! After that we hit the Downtown Market for food. The market is home to 22 indoor market vendors, 2 restaurants, and a rooftop greenhouse where you can enjoy your meal basking in the sun. Needless to say, I would have loved to have spent more time in Grand Rapids. What we did manage to see was absolutely stunning, and I can't wait to go back to see it all! 


Top, Jeans, Flats & Belt: Express, Sunglasses: Ray Ban, Watch: Michael Kors

No comments :

Post a Comment