April 22, 2017

Happy Earth Day!


I'm sure by now everyone's heard me preach about treating Earth with respect. Living where I live, there's so much natural beauty to admire. Michigan is home to the Great Lakes, which make up the largest body of fresh water on Earth, accounting for one-fifth of the freshwater surface on the planet. That's a whopping 6 quadrillion gallons! To not truly admire that, and nurture it's health and well-being would be ridiculous! You don't have to take grand measures, small steps all add up. You may wonder what steps I take? Well I'm glad you asked ;) I eat organic. That means food without pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fertilizers, antibiotics, hormones, and GMO's. Refusing to eat foods containing harmful substances, slows a production that contaminates our soil, water, and wildlife. I use organic products. I scrub with a natural loofah, wash and moisturize my face with coconut oil, and use organic shampoo, conditioner, soap, and toothpaste. All things that will naturally breakdown, that don't contain synthetic chemicals. I enjoy the outdoors. I love to hike, bike, swim, kayak, and rock climb. Just spending time in nature creates an appreciation for it, which sparks inspiration to treat it better! Then there's the long list of other seemingly silly things, like choosing paper over plastic, only using reusable water bottles, keeping and caring for plants in my room, and picking up trash when it crosses my path. So try one, two, or all of these steps. They aren't just great for Earth, they're great for you too :)

*Happy Earth Day!*

Dress & Necklace: Francesca's Collections, Cardigan: Eddie Bauer, Pumps: BCBGeneration, Sunglasses: Ray Ban, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: Glitz & Ears 

No comments :

Post a Comment