December 28, 2016

Velvet Holidays!

Have you ever been positive that something you once wore could never come back in style? Or at least hoped that it wouldn't? My mom has always jokingly shook her head in disgust when I leave the house in plaid. After wearing it so much as a kid, she claims that style has long passed for her. For me, that one thing would be velvet. I remember being put in little velvet dresses for the first seven years of my life. Especially since every Christmas picture lining the stairway of my house is of Emily and I dressed in velvet. Naturally that made me a little apprehensive toward the fabic. Okay, I'll admit I avoided anything velvet like the plague for the longest time! I guess I can see mom's point of view on plaid! So when velvet recently came back as a big trend, I did not immediately jump on board. It's taken me awhile to come around, but I finally decided to give it a try again. Now being older, I get the appeal towards velvet. It's a soft, moveable fabric, that stretches and fits your shape well. It also gives off a luster that makes for a luxurious look. All these qualities end up making it the perfect (I can't believe I'm saying this) Christmas dress. Mom really knew what she was doing back then! This year, I really wanted to get in the spirit of the holiday, and chose a red velvet dress from Make Me Chic! I might have liked it so much that I grabbed a blue one from Rose Wholesale for New Years as well. So jump on board with me, and give velvet one more try. I'm definitely feeling that 90's nostalgia ;) 

Top Outfit: Dress: Make Me Chic, Tights, Earrings, and Necklace: Francesca's Collections, Watch: Michael Kors, Pumps: Express
Bottom Outfit: Dress: Rose Wholesale, Tights and Earrings: Francesca's Collections, Necklace: Alex and Ani, Watch: Michael Kors, Pumps: Express 

No comments :

Post a Comment