December 31, 2016

Thank you, 2016. Hello 2017!

Why does it seem like everyone is ragging on 2016? Personally, this year was one of  tremendous transformation for me. While it did have its downs, the ups just kept on coming! So here's a little summary of all the decisions I made, the changes I underwent, and all the things I loved about 2016! This year, I decided to reach for my dreams. I teamed up with my sister, and decided we wanted to become a full-time blogger and photographer pair. We blogged our hearts out, and now work with countless brands and companies. We sat front row covering fashion shows, store openings, and VIP events. This year, I found beautiful people. I was reunited with my first boyfriend, and first love, and couldn't be happier. I met and began working with some amazing people in my industry looking to make a change in Michigan fashion. This year, I made my health a top priority. I became a full fledged health nut, and switched all my beauty products to all-natural, vegan, and organic. I dove into the alternative medicine scene, and began using Young Living Essential Oils. I did a fair amount of yoga, and really practiced positive living and mindful thinking. This year, I really embraced my love of the outdoors. I went against my fear of heights, and became a rock climbing enthusiast of all things! I kayaked the Huron River, paddled across Stoney Creek, and pack rafted the Clinton River...in the dark! I hiked, boated, fished, swam, and mountain biked trails till my heart's content. This year, I traveled to beautiful places. I went back to Maryland with the squad to witness our friend graduate from the US Naval Academy. I took a local tour of Michigan with Emily, visiting Frankenmuth, Greenfield Village, Belle Isle, Eastern Market, Lexington, etc. And I camped, hiked, and climbed mountains in Kentucky with some of the coolest people. Phew, that's quite the list. So thank you, 2016, for an incredible year. My goals for next year? To up my style game (Like I did with my cute outfit below from SheIn), to live the life of a full-time blogger, to make a difference in the Michigan fashion industry, to make some big mula, to travel even farther, to become stronger mentally and physically, and to love everything and everyone just a little bit harder. I've got a feeling 2017 is going to be even better ;)

Top and Jacket: SheIn, Hat and Boots: Francesca's Collections, Jeans: Express, Earrings: Christmas gift, Watch: Michael Kors

No comments :

Post a Comment