June 12, 2016

Eastern Market Vintage Flea!

Today we took a trip down to the Eastern Market to check out the Vintage and Antique Flea in Shed 5! Having only being my second time to the Eastern Market since the Walk Fashion Show, I was very impressed! Tables and booths lined the inside and outside of the Sheds, brimming with goods both old and new. I wanted to provide local support, and purchased a handmade mug that reads, "Good morning Detroit." I'm very happy to add it to my collection...that I totally don't have, because who needs 20 mugs? ;) Vendors with Michigan-made snacks offered tasty samples, and some of Detroit's best food trucks filled the air with tantalizing smells. Unfortunately, Emily and I couldn't find the willpower to pass up splitting a mini blueberry cheesecake :P Let's just say we did not regret it! Outside of the buildings, were tents filled with rows upon rows of beautiful flowers and plants. We also had fun admiring the surrounding street art, and of course took advantage of the photo op! The entire Eastern Market area was crowded with eager shoppers, and it was an absolutely beautiful day. My entire family agreed to make it a point to come back again! If you'd like to check out this event for your own, take a trip out on July 10th or August 14th during the hours of 10am-4pm! I promise you won't be able to pass up the mini cheesecake ;)

Photos: Myself and Emily Joanne Photography 

No comments :

Post a Comment