May 10, 2016

Peanut Butter Banana Oat Bars!

Peanut butter. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! Boy do I love an excuse to use it on everything and anything. So when I came across a recipe titled "Peanut Butter Banana Oat Bars", I dropped everything to grab a jar and start whipping some up! It was incredibly easy to make, and only required four ingredients:
3 cups of oatmeal or rolled oats
2 chopped bananas
1 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of honey
Simple and healthy? Count me in! I had wanted a dish to bring to a Mother's Day brunch with Austin's family, and these bars were a hit! When it comes to brunch, tasty little finger foods are the perfect appetizer. I guarantee these bars will be gone before the tea is served!
Instructions:
1. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil, and coat with coconut oil.
2. Combine honey and peanut butter in a pot, and heat on stove until smooth.
3. Fold in oats and bananas until mixture begins to stick together.
4. Spread mixture evenly in lined pan, and press until firm.
5. Place in refrigerator until hardened, then remove, slice, and enjoy! 

*Just to point out some things. I chose to use a pot on the stove, because I believe it is better for you than to use the microwave. A microwave is known to reduce the nutritional value of your food. I also used an all-natural coconut oil instead of a non-stick spray that contains chemicals like Diacetyl, Dimemythlpolysiloxane, Propellants, and GMOs!*

No comments :

Post a Comment