April 21, 2016

Happy Anniversary BeDazzledBritt!

Today marks the one year anniversary of BeDazzledBritt! Happy Birthday, baby blog! If there were ever an excuse to get a batch of cupcakes and chow down, this would be it ;) In celebration, I did a photoshoot with the talented Mixed City Photography, set up by the wonderful Stylish Dreams Group! I also thought that I would reflect back on my blogging journey over the past year, and some things I learned! First, I learned that unfortunately it takes a minute to get the perfect picture before you can enjoy your french toast. Second, I learned that you should probably charge your phone before attending a fashion show. Third, I learned that I sadly can actually come up with 30 Instagram hashtags xD Now on to a more serious note! I began this blog thinking that blogging would be a piece of cake, but I never realized the dedication that it would involve! I thought that I would have all the time in the world for it. It started out small, just about a post or two a month, and has now grown to 4-5 posts a month. I had no knowledge of where or how to get followers, so I examined data and attended conferences. I learned prime posting times and days with the highest traffic, and how to utilize all social media platforms. I now have gained over 2k Instagram followers, and thousands of blog readers. So thank you to all of you for the wonderful support <3 I was clueless as to how a blogger made their money, or recieved fancy packaged presents! So I worked on the quality of my product photography and reviews, and gained the title of Affiliate Blogger to several companies. I had no idea who or what was going on in fashion in my area, all I knew was that I needed to be a part of it! So I did hours and hours of research, emailing, and scouting social media for local fashion events to cover. I now have met some incredible people in the business, and have had the opportunity to attend so many events! I was fortunate enough to attend FashionSpeak, WALK Fashion Show, Michigan Fashion Summit's VIP Media and Press Reception, Michigan Fashion Summit, and much more. Blogging is a serious business. One that requires time, dedication, extensive knowledge and research, and above all, passion. My goal for this year? To continue to live the true life of a blogger, and accomplish even more over the course of year two. I want to make it a full time profession! It might not come easy, but it will be worth it. So, "Happy Birthday dear BeDazzledBritt, Happy Birthday to you!... And many moreeeeee" ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment