October 1, 2015

LFW/MFW '15 Review!

Although I loved everything that came from NYFW, I have to say that LFW and MFW impressed me even more! Even with the installment of new creative designers, and designers with 40 years in the business, the surprises were far from disappointing! There were 3 designers from each week that stood out above the rest for me. So let's start out with my favorites from LFW. Julien Macdonald's S/S '15 show was nothing short of dazzling. Models wore a very dark eye makeup, with a wet sheen to their skin and hair. I'd call it a very "seductive siren" look. Dresses included the most intricate patterns, and flattering fits. The colors of each dress perfectly complimented each other, and the fabrics gave off the most entrancing sheen. My absolute first pick for LFW. Alice Temperley came in second place for me. Models had a very simple updo with a fun fedora, and a very natural makep. Dresses ranged from a very glamorous sundress, to an even more glamorous evening dress. The neutral colors, light fabrics, and laced sandals had me in the mood to fly to Greece, and soak up the sun. Burberry was my third and final top pick for LFW. Models wore a very straight hair, and romantic crimson lip color. For looks, the color combinations were crimson, black, and gold, which I absolutely swooned over. Overall, it had a very sophisticated and wealthy feel, with the gold trims, chains, button detailing, and leather backpacks. Thank you London for an awe-inspiring fashion week! Now on to Milan Fashion Week! It's not very often that I can say that I would wear every look that comes down a runway show, but this year Giorgio Armani made me say just that. For a designer who has been doing this for 40 years, he certainly still knows what he's doing! Every look was luxurious with layers of blouses, trousers, jackets, and dresses. Professional and slightly masculine, each look still flattering to the female body. The red, white, and blue felt very Americana, but the collection still held true to the Italian influence. An impeccable show in my opinion. For my second pick, I chose Roberto Cavalli. With the installment of it's new creative director, Peter Dundas, I was anxious to see what the show would bring. I must say, that the collection by Dundas brought all the glamour from his previous looks done with Emilio Pucci. Flowing skirts and dresses, with ruffles and ties ruled the runway. The new surprises consisted of denim, distressed looks, and tie-dye. Lastly, my third and final pick was Fendi. Karl Lagerfeld never fails to impress, and the Fendi show was proof of that! Models wore a bob style hair, and black eyeliner. The looks were very clean, simple, and boxy, with a light and billowy look here and there for balance. Pockets and large stitches gave a great added touch. Thank you to Milan Fashion Week for showing fashion how it's done! I can't wait for all the shows for this week's Paris Fashion Week, and plan to stalk them just as intently for the next and best! Au revoir for now!

Julien Macdonald LFW
Alice Temperley LFW
Burberry LFW
Giorgio Armani MFW
Roberto Cavalli MFW
Fendi MFW

No comments :

Post a Comment