September 18, 2015

NYFW '15 Review!

Although I was unable to actually attend NYFW, I did do my fair share of cyberstalking and ogling over my phone! For those of you who actually attended...save me a seat next year! ;* Now that all the social media craziness of NYFW has finally died down, I think it's a good time to recap some of my favorite beauty looks, models, designers, and of course fashion! When it comes to runway models, I've always wondered why designers go out of their way to create an outlandish beauty look. I have to say that I'm old school, and enjoy a red-carpet-ready look, or a simple and pretty look. My favorite beauty look of NYFW was by far Diane Von Furstenberg. The look was big, soft, bouncy curls, flowers in the hair, a beautiful aqua eyecolor, peachy cheeks and lips! Very springtime, and very feminine! When it comes to the "models of the moment", the awards go to Karlie Kloss, Kendall Jenner, Gigi, and Bella Hadid! These ladies know how to give a fierce strut and rule the runway! When it comes to accessories, I think that Kate Spade and Edie Parker stole the spotlight. For Kate Spade, bag shapes ranged everywhere from dalmatians to ice cream trucks! Edie Parker's new line featured an array of nautical themed clutches that practically begged to be taken on vacation! Now on to the most important part, the fashion! When it comes to gowns, I love intricate detailing, dreamy silouttes, and plenty of bedazzle ;D Jenny Packham, and Idan Cohen perfectly displayed this with their S/S '15 collections! When it came to dresses portraying pastels, feminine grace, and beauty, Christian Siriano (I died over his shoes as well), Zimmermann, and Carolina Herrera were my top 3 favorites in this category. I also loved Badgley Mischka's RTW line of dresses and suiting. The mixture of florals, butterflies, and beaded detailing was absolutely perfect. My favorite line that I'd be able to actually purchase (you know how it is), would be the Lauren Conrad line for Kohl's. Tons of sparkle and affordable? Sounds right up my alley! Another favorite line that fell on the more business professional side was Tibi. If you love some sequin shorts, skirts, or metallic slacks, then this line is the line for you! Judging from the overall picks by designers, the must-have colors of 2016 will be iced coffee, lilac grey, rose quartz, buttercup yellow, fiesta red, peach echo, green flash, limpet stone, snorkel blue, and serenity blue. To see these colors, head to www.pantone.com. When it comes to styles, expect to see your fair share of sequins, nautical, feminine, and florals come this spring and summer!  Overall, this NYFW provided some of the most inspiring looks and lines that I have ever seen. Below are some of my favorite pieces from a few of the shows. Come on back to check out my London Fashion Week review coming soon!

Diane Von Furstenberg look on Kendall, Karlie, and Gigi. 
Idan Cohen
Christian Siriano
Christian Siriano
Zimmermann
Carolina Herrera
Badgley Mischka
Tibi

No comments :

Post a Comment