February 22, 2017

Blue Skies Ahead!

This Michigan weather is such a tease. It's February still, yet we've reached 67° already! For fashionistas, that really messes with our outfit planning. It just feels unnatural when you skip the jacket one day, then you're forced to be an Eskimo again the next! Or if you're like my friend Kyle, who had no problem wearing shorts and flip flops last week ;) The weather hasn't taken a turn for the worst yet, but that doesn't mean I'm letting my guard down! I'll simply enjoy the weather while I can, and only hope it lasts! One way I take the transition from winter to spring very slowly, is by adding lighter colors and layers to my looks. I still play it safe with jackets and scarves, seeing as those are easy layers to remove if needed! I bring out the more breathable shirts, and pants that show a little ankle. Booties can be worn all year round depending on how you style them, so I keep those going! White, cream, and camel start to become my neutrals over black, brown, and grey. Of course, I never forget that oh so important pop of color. Just because it's spring, doesn't mean you have to tone down the vibrance and pull out the pastels! So here's to hoping for a steady shift to spring, and blue skies ahead ;)

Jacket & Top: Express, Jeans: White House Black Market, Scarf: On The Bay Customs, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: Gifted, Booties: Francesca's Collections 

No comments :

Post a Comment