January 26, 2017

VIPme At The Opera!

I've never considered myself "one for the theater." Imagine me saying saying that in an incredibly theatrical Shakespearean voice, and you'll get what I mean. Which is odd, because I adored being in Drama Club in Elementary school. I played the shoemaker's daughter in The Elves and the Shoemaker, a dwarf in Snow White, and even played the lead of Scrooge with beard and all in A Christmas Carol. Maybe I was scarred for life from the theater after growing up and realizing I played the part of a man half my childhood. Emily however got to play Cindy Lou Who in The Grinch, the fairy godmother in Jack and the Beanstalk, and Sandy in Grease. So needless to say, I think that's why I've never joined my sister in her love of the theater. Until now that is. When Emily asked for tickets to Phantom of the Opera for Christmas, I figured I'd give the theater one last try for one of our favorite movies. My new thoughts on it? I am now a theater geek. I was pleasantly surprised at how astounding the acting, singing, and dancing was, and couldn't get over the detail in their costumes, and props. I felt like I was on The Haunted Mansion ride in Disney when the chandelier began to shake, spark, and "burst into flames" above the audience. The least surprising part of the evening? That dressing for the occasion was my favorite part. I mean, I'll always be a fashionista above all!  When going to the theater, one must look sophisticated, refined, and polished. I saw many there who went as far as wearing floor-length gowns and tuxedos. I played it down, and wore a blue lace above the knee dress that was absolutely perfect in-between. Thanks to VIPme, I felt just like a VIP at the Detroit Opera House. You can feel luxurious too for your next special occasion! Just head to VIPme, and find a unique and quality piece at a reasonable price that's worthy of an actress ;)

*Use code: Brittany511 on www.vipme.com at checkout to recieve $5 off your purchase over $50* 

Dress: VIPme, Clutch: Group USA, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace & Earrings: Various boutiques, Pumps: BCBGeneration 

No comments :

Post a Comment