June 1, 2015

All Natural Ice Cream Recipe!

To me, summer foods are some of the best! Fresh fruits and veggies are at the peak of their season, hot dogs and hamburgers sizzle on the grill, and salads and slaws add that cold crunch. Per usual though, dessert always takes the cake! Hehe, see what I did there? In my opinion, nothing beats a frozen popsicle or bowl of ice cream to beat the summer heat. Just brings me back to my younger days of chasing down the ice cream truck or picking out scoops at the ice cream parlor. Although ice cream has always been my weakness, I have lost a bit of my tolerance to sweets! In this, I was determined to find a healthy alternative to the sugary snack! After testing a few recipes out, I discovered the trick to making the perfect healthy ice cream! The real shocker is that it is made out of only TWO ingredients. You can also only use two ingredients to make endless different flavor combinations. The ingredients are: frozen fruit and milk. Just take a couple frozen banana, peach, mango, or strawberry chunks, and blend them with a tablespoon or so of milk. It almost seems too simple when it turns out to be such a tasty concoction! You can also substitute the milk for almond milk to create a dairy-free version. Don't forget to add some toppings for extra flavor like granola, more fresh fruit, honey, or some chocolate chips. Enjoy experimenting with flavors and toppings to find your favorite. Personally, I love bananas and almond milk with some honey and strawberries to top it off! Hope you like my healthy sweet treat recipe just in time for summer! 

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for posting the full details,its really a good information
    veg manchurian recipe

    ReplyDelete