April 29, 2015

Matcha Cupcakes!

Ever since I discovered green tea, it has become a morning staple of mine. Wake up, get ready, eat breakfast, and have a cup of green tea and honey. Side note: I use honey as a substitute for sugar because it is just as sweet, but also a healthier option! In this constant drinking of green tea, I've noticed an overall improvement in my complexion, energy level, and weight loss! Recently, I was introduced to a whole new world of tea; matcha tea. This tea is made by steaming, drying, and crushing green tea leaves into a fine, vibrant green powder. Because of this, there's a slight difference in the preparation of green tea and matcha. Instead of steeping the loose leaves, you mix the powdered matcha with hot water more like a hot cocoa mix! Since I found matcha, I've noticed that matcha has been gaining a lot of momentum. Here's just a few reasons why. Matcha has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of regular green tea! It offers an energy boost equivalent to that of coffee, but without the jitters or caffeine crash. It also serves as a great dye and flavoring for traditional recipes like lemonades, noodles, and ice creams. Last week, my boyfriend and I found a packet of matcha recipes inside the canister of tea, and decided to try the cupcake frosting recipe! It was a delicious treat like none I've ever had before, and incredibly easy and fun to make!  Check it out, I'd highly suggest trying some tea and the frosting recipe for yourself!

No comments :

Post a Comment