January 6, 2017

Plaid Pattern Play!

Who ever said that you couldn't do the same pattern on top of one another? Well if anyone ever told me that, I obviously didn't listen. If it isn't already, I just decided to make plaid on plaid a thing! I love mixing different colors, patterns, and styles. Plaid just so happens to be one of my favorites! In the spirit of that, I decided to stock up on plaid blanket scarves in every color, to help me keep cozy during this Michigan winter! While I was looking for them on DressLily, I came across this adorable dress under my "plaid" search. With its coatdress style reminiscent of the 1960s, and shorter modern babydoll cut, I had to add it to my cart! When I received everything at the same time, I had the inspiration of mixing all of my new plaids together! My rule with mixing is to stick with neutrals and add pops of color. Since navy is considered a neutral, I used my scarves as pops of color. I also had a little fun showing off the different ways I wear my blanket scarves. The most fashionable and popular way in my opinion, would be my top look. My second style is a detail that most people tend to overlook. Scarves also make for great wraps! Drape it over yourself and feel exactly why they call it a blanket scarf! Lastly, is the classic style that is most known for a scarf. So there you are, pattern play, color combos, and style switch ups all in one post! You're welcome ;) 

Outfit: Dress: DressLily, Top Scarf: DressLily, Middle Scarf: DressLily, Bottom Scarf: DressLily, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings: The Peacock Room, Tights & Boots: Francesca's Collections

No comments :

Post a Comment