November 9, 2015

Natural Beauty Secrets!

As I'm sure you've read in previous posts, I consider myself a bit of a health nut ;) In my last year of college, I wrote a report on the truth behind the ingredients in our food and products that really opened my eyes. Now this didn't start in college, I've always enjoyed doing my research. Personally, I feel you have to get all the facts and form your own opinions through trial and error. Test the waters yourself before you decide to stand behind a statement made by others! So I decided to try a simpler way of living. For about two years now, I've been "getting back to nature", or so they say. Not just in my eating, but in my beauty regimen as well. It's been an experiment for me to validate my research on raw and organic living. The results that I have found, have been astounding! So, I just wanted to share some of my "beauty secrets" that really are just tips or healthier alternatives to the average beauty regimen! With the cold winter weather approaching, I present my advice to looking your best! #1. Try organic! When it comes to hair, I don't mess around! I use an manuka honey organic shampoo and conditioner by Organic Doctor, which I buy at Vitamin World. I never had a natural wave to my hair before I started using this product. I like to attribute that to my hair returning to its natural state of health without the harsh dyes or parabens found in most hair products. #2. Shirt dry! I also hardly use heat to my hair, and tee shirt dry it rather than towel dry it. Towels are too harsh for your freshly washed hair, and rob your hair of it's natural moisture. #3. Be gentle! Instead of using a rough astringent that will dry out your skin, use raw apple cider vinegar. It will balance out the PH of your skin, is antibacterial, and is anti inflammatory. For these reasons, it is also great to keep acne at bay, fix bruises, cuts, and scars! #4. Wash up smart! For washing, I use an organic honey and almond soap bar from Whole Foods for my face and body. It's gentle enough for your skin, and smells yummy too ;) #5. Protect your lips! At night, apply a natural lip balm while you sleep. It will prevent your lips from cracking or chapping during the day. I use the Kissable Lip Balm from Glambitious (link to site: http://glambitious-beauty.myshopify.com/products/kissable-lip-balm), that is a mixture of coconut oil and cocoa butter. #6. Drink plenty of water! It's best to drink at least 1 liter of water a day in order to keep hydrated. It's a great way to naturally detox your body, and keep your mind alert. #7. Eat healthy! Beauty really does come from the inside out. Make sure you eat plenty of things like fruits, veggies, nuts, and acai bowls ;) Stay away from foods high in sugar, starch, or carbohydrates. Try reading the book Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart for more eating for beauty tips! I hope that these products and methods have the same benefit for you that I have enjoyed! Well that's all I have on beauty for now. Don't forget to check back for more fashion in my next post! This Saturday I am attending the Walk Fashion Show Detroit as a guest blogger, and can't wait to share my experience with you!

No comments :

Post a Comment